Posted March 24, 2021
If working for a team of experienced professionals that build Kansas City’s top luxury apartment communities sounds exciting, Neighbors Construction Company, Inc. is where you want to be.
Our company is seeking an experienced Superintendent to join our family-owned firm for a long-term position. Our current and retired Superintendents have been with the company for 35 - 40 years. The year 2021 marks our 70th year in business, and we are well-positioned for future success.
The ideal candidate has a minimum 10 years of experience in constructing large, complex wood-framed Multifamily apartment projects and possesses a commitment to excellence.
The primary duty of a Project Superintendent is the overall on-site supervision of the construction project. The Superintendent is responsible for all the field staff on a project and will ensure that projects are built according to plans and specifications. He/she is responsible for progress scheduling, ensuring quality, supervising all subcontractors, dealing with the appropriate government agencies as well as the architect and owner, hiring and supervision of needed personnel with the approval of the general office, and all other duties necessary to ensure compliance with contract documents.
He/she is responsible, along with the Project Manager, for having the material, tools/equipment, information and staff requirements on the jobsite in the proper place in a timely fashion. The Superintendent handles all correspondence and forms required by the NCCI office, i.e., daily reports, time sheets, safety reports, accident reports, etc. They will monitor the work being performed, direct the subcontractors and schedule all work according to the requirements of the project schedule. The Superintendent effectively utilizes management skills in directing supervision of subcontractors, along with coordinating subcontractor’s activities within the scope of their duties.
Qualified Candidates will possess the following:
* B.A. in Construction Management
* Must have 10+ years’ experience as lead Superintendent on multifamily projects
* Ability to read and understand large complex building plans and specifications.
* Computer skills for Microsoft Project scheduling, RFI’S, Daily Reports, Sub meeting agendas, Plan Grid
* OSHA Competent Persons Training preferred
* Capable of managing projects up to $40M
* OSHA 30
Preferred Candidates will also possess the following skills:
* Professional demeanor
* Strong problem-solving & communication skills (no yellers or screamers need apply)
* Self-starter with can-do attitude
* Ability to develop strong working relationships
* Continual determination for self-improvement
* Ability to work with hands if needed and work under other Supts when needed (No “stay in the office” Supt. need apply)
* Proven track record of client satisfaction and project profitability
* Excellent safety record
* Ability to speak and understand Spanish is a plus
* Must pass a background check and drug screening test
This is a salaried position based on experience. Additional company benefits will be explained to selected candidates.
If you’re looking for workflow and stability for years to come, send your resume with qualifications and salary range to email@example.com.